[hpsdr] Dumb question - HPSDR sound card

Terry Fox tfox at knology.net
Wed Apr 4 13:12:48 PDT 2007

SPDIF on most inexpensive sound cards is one-way - outbound (D/A).  The
wrong way.

I have used SPDIF for a long time, being in broadcast and also recording
concerts with DAT machines.  It works great for some apps, but I doubt it
would fit what I am looking for.  Notebook/laptop support is nonexistant
without another interface to the computer, exactly what I am trying to
avoid.

What rates does SPDIF suppor these days?  192kHz & 24-bit sampling?  I think
so, but most of my hardware is 32/4.1/48k and 16-bit.

I still use SPDIF for DATminidisc, and other pro audio applications, but I
don't think it's what I want for SDR.