[hpsdr] Flex - Radio 5000 series and SDR - 1000

Philip Covington p.covington at gmail.com
Fri Apr 6 09:21:21 PDT 2007

On 4/6/07, KG4VPY <paula at kg4vpy.com> wrote:

> I'm confused.
>
> Is this project this list is working on dependent on the SDR 1000?

No, not at all.

> Or is it the Janus and Ozy boards can be used with them in the meantime?

The JANUS and OZY can be used as the sound card and parallel port/USB
IO replacement  for the SDR-1000.  The usefulness of JANUS and OZY are
definitely not limited to the SDR-1000 though!

> In other words, in the end, when this project is done, will I still need
> the SDR 1000?

No.  There are boards coming such as the Penelope (TX) and the Mercury
(RX).  Also there will be Horton and Phoenix using the QSD/ISD
approach.

> PaulaO
> KG4VPY

73 Phil N8VB