[hpsdr] Is DRM the only free Digital AM waveform?

Tony Langdon vk3jed at gmail.com
Fri Apr 6 21:02:52 PDT 2007

At 01:50 PM 4/7/2007, you wrote:

Further to digital voice, the only other system I know of on the ham
bands is the AOR system, which is actually a commercial version of
the system originally developed by G4CUO (there are still articles on
the Net dating back to 1999).  I believe the modem side (from memory,
a 36 carrier, 50 baud OFDM modem with FEC) of the system can be
(legally) duplicated, but the CODEC used is AMBE, which is
proprietary, we're not able to duplicate this one, I suspect even if
we could, there would be IP conflicts with the rest of our code.

73 de VK3JED
http://vkradio.com