[hpsdr] PING Preselector

George Medakovich George at Medakovich.com
Mon Apr 16 16:54:41 PDT 2007

Oh, Graham, now I am REALLY embarrassed.  You have gone to the trouble of
summarizing the ALEX thread, but my question was really a LOT more naive.

In responding to the request for a ping, I just thought I would screw up my
courage and ask what I suspected was a really stupid question, which is basically,
"when will it be possible to digitize about 30MHZ of bandwidth right up front
and do all of the filtering in software (and get this type of performance)".
I was thinking the answer would be something like "whenever we get
gazillion-bit dac's and teraHz microprocessors", although perhaps a bit more refined.

I've been following the hpsdr listserv like hawk, becuase it's such a great learning
experience and provides the vicarious thrill of being able to watch something really
neat developing and participating by at least buying or building and being a "user".

Thanks so much for your explanation.

73,
George