[hpsdr] New Mercury block diagram

Henry Vredegoor henry.vredegoor at gmail.com
Wed Apr 18 14:39:17 PDT 2007

Hi Phil, All,

Thank you for your reply!

Yes, as far as I can see, the drawing is OK, at least for the analog
HF-part, which had my focus at this point.
I'll have to study the other parts a little more.

I did see the possibility of setting every switch in bypass of course.
But I think I would have liked a separate input connection more! (Sorry....)

My preferred setup would be something like:
- Separate "independent" connector, for the "internal world" [As Eric -
AA4SW would say  ;-) ]
- ADC input selectable by hardware straps for either on-board or off-board
analog HF
- The advantage of not having the (min.) 4 dB insertion loss penalty of the
8 Hittite switches.
- Fully differential, 200 Ohm (or 50 Ohm with 1:4 transformer, galvanic
isolation) input to the ADC

You could also leave out the analog HF parts completely if I where a
bare-board builder and would want to roll my own version of HF filters and
-amplifiers.

But anyway, that's just my 2 cents worth opinion!
I like Mercury as it is looking right now very much, and I surely can live
with the current setup!
I don't want to criticize your very good work in any way!

Thank you, looking forward to see more of Mercury!

73's,

Henry.