[hpsdr] Mercury: Insertion loss of analog HF filters

Chris Albertson chrisalbertson90278 at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 19 09:48:43 PDT 2007

I'm hoping to be able to use Mercury as a general purpose
test equipment.  I might use the "TX" section as
a signal generator and the "RX" to drive an oscilloscope
display.  The board will find more uses if the user can get
into the signal path without drill and solder.  A few SMA
coax connectors couldn't take that much space  If not that
simply two pins and a jumper.  Easy access
to the signal right at the DAC/ADC will make future
repairs and trouble shooting easier too.

I'm just watching until this is done. do whatever "works"
but thought I'd let you'll know that I'm sure there
are many others who would use Mercury for purposes other
then tx/rx on HF bands.

> Providing a link to allow direct input to the 50/200 ohm transformer
> on the
> input to the LT2208 is something we will consider when laying the PCB
> out.

Chris Albertson
  Home:   310-376-1029  chrisalbertson90278 at yahoo.com
  Office: 310-336-5189  Christopher.J.Albertson at aero.org