[hpsdr] Sampling

James Courtier-Dutton James at superbug.co.uk
Mon Apr 23 01:29:52 PDT 2007

FRANCIS CARCIA wrote:

> I run 75 KHz sampling on my PDM rig so the integrating filter set at 8 KHz gives me about 70 dB of attenuation of the sample frequency. I follow the filter thing because I would have a large filter if my sample was 24 KHz.
>   It is the gear head in me to always wonder the limits of a new idea like this cool stuff.
>   I still feel the best system will have the bandwidth limited at the input but feel free to prove me wrong. frank

If you read some of the specs of Audio ADCs, you will see that even when
capturing at 48KHz, the ADC chip is probably capturing at 192KHz or
above, using a simple front end filter, normally 0.45 of sampling
frequency, and then internally doing digital filtering down to 48Khz,
then simply dropping the unneeded samples.

James