[hpsdr] min cpu requirements

John D'Ausilio jdausilio at gmail.com
Mon Aug 13 08:14:12 PDT 2007

I'm getting to the point in my rover construction where I'm thinking
about getting the SDR stuff going. I've been using random available
laptops for logging, and I'm considering purchasing a pair of
surplus/refurb laptops for permanent installation. Assuming I'm
running under Linux, could anyone give me an idea of the minimum
amount of horsepower needed for RX only (at this point) operation with
a SoftRock 7 looking at the 28Mhz IF and Janus/Ozy for the interface?
Would I be able to get away with, say, a Pentium 2 and 256M of memory?

de w1rt/john