[hpsdr] Dynamic range

FRANCIS CARCIA carcia at sbcglobal.net
Thu Aug 23 14:14:08 PDT 2007

The only dynamic range numbers I trust is at the noise floor. How much signal(s) does it take to raise the noise floor. IP3 is like looking at a star. Pretty, but too far away to visit.
  When you want to copy a weak signal the only thing that counts is can you copy it.
  I think S5 is another rice box marketing trick to mask phase noise.
  Phase Noise, mixer saturation, A/D saturation, crappy software, Who cares why
  Who cares what a spectrum display shows or what some bogus add prints.
  I've duplicated Sherwood on a couple receivers and trust his numbers.
  C. Dentra's RX I don't see any real odd parts, just a lot of hard work arranging normal components.
  I might try to go to TAPR on Sunday, since I work around the corner.
  I'll be the dumb guy in the back stutting up- shutting up Frank WA1GFZ