[hpsdr] Use a Softrock IF and SDR Shell with Your Old Rig to Make it New

Rob Frohne frohro at wallawalla.edu
Fri Aug 24 16:19:31 PDT 2007

Hi Everyone,

I have been having a lot of fun lately playing with a $12 Softrock and
my TS-850SAT.  I made a quick web page describing the project and making
the software source available.  Have a look at:

http://www.wallawalla.edu/frohro/SDR/SDR-Shell/

Thanks to Bob, N4HY, Frank, AB2KT, Tony, KB9YIG, and Edson, JF1AFN for
all the open source software that helped me make this a quick project.
Most of my time was spent modifying Edson's SDR-Shell to include Hamlib
control of the RIG, and the computer display.  It may work with other
rigs too, especially with Kenwood rigs.

73,

Rob, KL7NA