[hpsdr] Strange Janus effect...

a.groff k0vm at mchsi.com
Thu Aug 30 13:48:42 PDT 2007

I am noticing a strange cross-talk ( ?? ) effect with Janus (& OZY ? )
when used with SDR-1000 & PowerSDR  (v1.9.1 svn 1354, v1.10.2 ) that I
do not notice with the D44 sound card...

I notice this effect in the receive audio when I start to decrease the
AGC-T ( RF Gain ) control in Power SDR.  As the received signal starts
to disappear from audibility, it is replaced by very distorted replica
at a reduced amplitude.  The effect was first observed in SSB modes but
is also present it AM mode ( maybe more so. )

Does you one else have this effect or do I have a problem with my
Janus/Ozy/system ??  How would I start to isolate the problem?

AL, K0VM