[hpsdr] ALEX - Input protection

Henry Vredegoor henry.vredegoor at gmail.com
Mon Aug 6 04:31:01 PDT 2007

Hi Graham, All,

Would a (broadband) input transformer help in this respect?

A permanent connection to ground of one side of the 50 Ohm input winding
would discharge the antenna system permanently.
Also as ground loop prevention?
Could be part of some filter in ALEX ?

IP3 of the device could be a problem.

Just a few thoughts.