[hpsdr] ALEX - Input protection

michael taylor mctylr at gmail.com
Tue Aug 7 12:53:30 PDT 2007

On 8/7/07, Hollingsworth, Tommy <TommyHollingsworth at tx.slr.com> wrote:
> I am trying to understand what your criteria are.  I just completed an SDR
> 1000 clone and am trying to decide what kind of clamp to use on the input.
> After spending 6 months building it, I really do not want the smoke to get
> out of my working radio :)  Protek parts are not easy for me to obtain.

This reminded me of a similar discussion in the QRP-L list:
<http://www.kkn.net/archives/html/QRP-L/2007-06/msg00571.html>
<http://www.kkn.net/archives/html/QRP-L/2007-06/msg00606.html>

The parts they suggest appear fairly available from suppliers like
Mouser or Digikey at reasonable prices (less than $1 for smaller
TVS'es in single quantities).

-Michael Taylor, VE3TIX