[hpsdr] Janus/Ozy with Linux?

Rob Frohne frohro at wallawalla.edu
Fri Aug 24 09:30:19 PDT 2007

Hi Ramakrishnan,

The GUI is really not hard to do; it just takes some time.  I've done a
lot of work on Edson's QT SDR-Shell in the last couple of weeks, and now
it integrates nicely through Hamlib with my TS-850SAT using the softrock
455 KHz IF down converter.   I have PCB's for Janus, Ozy, and Atlas, but
I haven't ordered parts and assembled them yet.  In my application, I
don't think having a fantastic audio board is as important, as the
TS-850SAT is the front end.  I was quite disgusted though to find out my
laptop (Dell D600) has mono input instead of stereo, even though the
jack and chip both support stereo.

How hard would it be to integrate Janus/Ozy/Atlas into ALSA?  I note you
didn't mention that option.  I suspect that is the hardest way, but also
perhaps has some benefits for the labor.

It seems to me that the GUI and interfacing Janus/Ozy/Atlas to Linux are
kind of two separate issues.  Am I missing something?

73,

Rob, KL7NA

--
Rob Frohne, Ph.D., P.E., Professor