[hpsdr] IP3 >+50 dBm ?

Robert McGwier rwmcgwier at gmail.com
Sun Aug 26 15:36:49 PDT 2007

Ron:

It is really simple.  IP3 is not dynamic range.  There is a formula for
computing IP3 from imputed dynamic range when you mix two tones and get
a third order product and measure its amplitude.

But if the noise floor is raised,  you have lowered the SNR and
therefore, CANNOT have the dynamic range implied by this computation.

IP3 != Dynamic Range.

Bob