[hpsdr] need time standard good to a microsecond or better

Glenn Thomas glennt at charter.net
Fri Dec 14 09:47:32 PST 2007

According to the GPS interface control document, the accuracy of the
GPS time as it leaves the SV is 97 nanoseconds, one sigma. Errors due
to propagation (varying index of refraction along the signal path(s)
and receiver equipment biases are not included in this.

Most GPS receivers are built for position accuracy. While the
receiver needs to keep an internal clock that can be corrected to
within some small number of ns, the accuracy of any time that is
output is at the mercy of whoever designed the receiver and how much
attention they paid to time accuracy.

73 de Glenn wb6w