[hpsdr] Mercury

Henry Vredegoor henry.vredegoor at gmail.com
Tue Dec 25 05:18:14 PST 2007

Hi Gerd,

Since this message appears to have not been answered (-yet), on the
Reflector at least, and this question is being asked before, here is what
little I know of the status of Mercury:
(Others more informed please correct me if I am wrong)

>From a Teamspeak session ( of 10-NOV-2007, witch I was not able to find
anymore at www.hamsdr.com, sorry no pointer ) I understood that the (code-)
development phase of Mercury is more or less finalized.
The team is indeed waiting for a PCB layout by Lyle, who, - unfortunately
for us-  seemed to be very busy with the K3 and other commercial activity's,
but seemed to be available for HPSDR development later that month / this
year.

Penelope and Alex seem to be ready for production.

Since Penelope and especially Alex (antenna- and bandpass filter switching)
are closely related to Mercury, a decision seems to have to be made by TAPR
to release Penelope first as a single unit or later as a combo of
Mercury/Penelope/Alex.

But this is the status of 7 weeks ago (10 November), maybe there is already
more progress.

Hope this helps.

Henry.