[hpsdr] Differential reconstruction filter help

Howard Long hlong at btinternet.com
Thu Dec 27 05:50:21 PST 2007

Hi Ahti

> I'm not any opamp design expert, but you may see some TI's
> fully differential amplifier. OPA1632 might be one good example:
> http://focus.ti.com/docs/prod/folders/print/opa1632.html

Many thanks for your reply.

I have already used the OPA1632 in some designs, however for my purposes I
need to use a rail-rail I/O differential opamp that operates off 3.3V to
drive the right levels to an upconverting mixer given the PSU and power
consumption constraints I already have.

The main issue I have is that my knowledge and experience of opamp filters
is purely 'cookbook' style I'm afraid! The schematic I referenced is a bit
too complicated for me to attempt to reverse engineer and know how to apply
it in a differential manner other than using the methods I mentioned in my
OP.

Thanks again for your time.

73, Howard G6LVB