[hpsdr] Selectivity design/measurement

Mark Amos mark.amos at toast.net
Fri Feb 16 08:15:10 PST 2007

Bob,

Great!  I'd like to see the results - part of the fun I have with this stuff is doing my own measurements and
comparing them to those of the experts.  It's a great learning experience for me.

I know one of the challenges to achieving any chance of consistency between measurements is to insure that
the configuration under test is controlled.  If the measurements you made include your test configuration and
settings, that would be very useful.

In some informal SDR-1000 tests I performed a few weeks ago, I know that there were some deficiencies in my
setup that contributed to the numbers not being up to par. I'm working to eliminate these issues and I've
seen some dramatic improvements already.

I'm excited to hook up Janus to see what he can do!

Thanks for the reply and your contributions.  Also, thanks to the HPSDR designers and developers for this
interesting and historic work.

Mark