[hpsdr] BOM for Ozy

Scott Cowling scotty at tonks.com
Wed Feb 21 18:27:07 PST 2007

Sorry, I intended my reply to go to the list as well as to Len.

You can build the Ozy with the smaller EP2C5 FPGA and EPCS1 1M bit
serial PROM by making 2 cuts on the artwork underneath the FPGA.

The TAPR boards will come with the larger EP2C8 FPGA and EPCS4 4M bit
serial PROM installed.

I don't know what percentage of the FPGA is used at this point, but
we felt that larger is better for experimenters. The cost
differential is small, and you never know what someone will try to
shoe-horn into it next. :-)

73,
Scotty WA2DFI