[hpsdr] Front End protection

Larry Taft ltaft at charter.net
Thu Feb 22 08:35:38 PST 2007

Which explains why in the TR-7 the MPN3404 PIN diode is the first thing
to go.  Hmmmm.........and it always shorts out providing protection for
the mixer.

RF Space is telling me the max input to the SDR-IQ board is +7dBm but
there is preamp/attenuator/band filter stuff in front of the A/D.  +7
dBm isn't much, what with cheap coax from Radio Shack carrying +65 dBm
mixed in the spaghetti pile of cables around the operating position.

What diodes are in the RA 6830?  Rail volts?  Time for a little
protector board?  Cerberus?  And Gian just suggested LEDs across the input.

73, Larry  K2LT