[hpsdr] Export experts?

John Koster w9ddd at tapr.org
Sun Feb 25 11:05:09 PST 2007

Anyone know an export expert that's willing to help figure out the best
way to handle international shipments for the hpsdr stuff?

Up to now I've limited my shipping to USPS where the customs forms are
relatively simple.  "HF Tariff number", "Customs Commodity Code" or
"Harmonized Code" are not mandatory on their forms.

Now in giving shipping estimates to several people I've found that the
insurance limits to many countries won't allow full insurance for more
than one set of boards.  That either means splitting shipments so they
won't end up saving any money by pooling an order, or going to someone
like FedEx or DHL where I need the code number for their documentation.

Surely someone does this as a daytime job?
John, W9DDD