[hpsdr] Softrock VNA

Roger Hayter roger at hayter.org
Sun Jul 8 09:17:10 PDT 2007

(I sent this before accidentally appended to another thread.  Hope those
who read it don't mind me sending it again in a new thread.)

  Many on this list will have read about the clever use of a Softrock
RXTX card as a VNA for antenna analysis.  See the reference to a
tutorial by the well known VNA designer, Paul, N2PK, well down the page
at http://www.dxatlas.com/rocky (the Rocky software page).  It would be
really nice to use the Ozy-Janus combination with a Softrock card to do
this.  But it would need the developers of PowerSDR to incorporate the
relevant filters and GUI as devised by N2PK, or someone to write Windows
WDM driver for Janus-Ozy to emulate a windows sound card.  I just
wondered if anyone is working on either of these projects (both well
outside my abilities to help with!), or should I be putting together my
audio computer with at least a 4 channel soundcard instead?

--
Roger GW8BFO