[hpsdr] another Ozy built - write_i2cV1.1 errors

Ramakrishnan Muthukrishnan vu3rdd at gmail.com
Sun Jul 15 02:19:51 PDT 2007

Hi,

Just wanted to report that I finished my Ozy build today. I still need
to fix the DB9 and DB25 connectors. I still don't have a Janus, so
can't really test the Ozy<->Janus connections yet.

On my work laptop, connected the Ozy sitting on Atlas powered by a
surplus Computer SMPS I bought a while back to modify and make a bench
PS. Ozy enumerated and I pointed it to the libusb driver directory.

But when I run initozy11.bat, I get write_i2cV1.1 errors. None of
those seven writes are happening. It says write failed. No popups
come. This is using the latest powerSDR SVN release from the SVN. Can
somebody please help understand these errors? I am also looking at the
Ozy schematics to understand how I2C is routed.

The LED status:

1. D1-D4 are OFF.
2. D5-D8 were ON.
3. D9 and D10 were alternatively ON and OFF.
4. D11 was OFF and D12 was ON.

>From this I hope FX2 and FPGA loaded fine?

Would request help in diagonosing the I2C write problem. Can they be
ignored as I don't have a Janus board connected to Atlas yet? Or are
they being written into the EEPROM? In that case, may be I am in
trouble...

I will post a more detailed log of my build with pictures on my
webpage for the benefit of other DIYers and post the link here.

My thanks should first go to John Ackermann N8UR. I wouldn't have got
my parts without his help. Thanks also to my wife's friend who hand
carried the parts from Florida to Bangalore. Thanks to Horst for the
great documentation. Thanks also to the designers of HPSDR hardware
and software.

--
  Ramakrishnan - VU3RDD