[hpsdr] computer memory added question

stoskopf at tri.net stoskopf at tri.net
Sun Jul 15 16:42:21 PDT 2007

Rather strange situation:

I am using my test bench computer for a bunch of stuff and decided to add
more memory.  Now using the Pentium D 3.3 GHz with 4 Gb of  800 MHz RAM.
I had noticed with the SDR-1000/Ozy/Janus combo that using 2048 buffer and
19K sampling that I had quite frequent "Pops" in the audio.  Doubling the
RAM took out almost all of that effect, but didn't change the CPU
utilization.

I don't intend to spend a bunch of time pulling memory in and out, but
thought someone might make sense of this.

N0UU