[hpsdr] Proposal for Loop Antenna Project

KA2WEU at aol.com KA2WEU at aol.com
Sun Jul 1 17:54:10 PDT 2007

Hi,

I have such a magnetic loop antenna at my QTH (DL1R) in Munich and a 10 m
military  ship board whip antenna with an antenna tuner, both operating at  150
Watt.

The whip antenna has always outperformed the loop antenna, which only  covers
a 1:2 freq. range.

I belief a  V -Antenna , symmetrical, and the tuner will be the best  choice,
with  2 x 7 m being the best length. I will try  this  soon and report back.

The loop antenna requires frequent mechanical retuning for 5 to  10 KHz, that
keeps you always busy .
Any comments ?

73 de Ulrich , N1UL   DL1R