[hpsdr] FCC rules Open-source SDR less secure

Andreas Troschka smtp01 at gmx.net
Fri Jul 6 13:47:40 PDT 2007

I agree with you, Lawrence.
Secure? What has security to do with SDR? Do they mean that if I make a mistake in programming my HPSDR maybe this can cause a blast-off of secret US military interconty atomic missiles? :-)
Seriously, that recalls me many preventive actions masqueraded criminal acts perpetrated by various gov's  in the past.

Duh, I'm so worried about that hacker attempting to change the rx freq. of my SDR receiver! :-)

If a security flow on SDRs is so serious as it seems to be from what FCC states, maybe the real reason has to be searched in the poor security strength of the JTRS and the military scare attacks on this, I'm inducted to think.

No, really, don't worry, this seems to be a further attack of paranoia or a hoax of some military or government clerks annoyed by their repetitive and/or boring jobs.

We are used to see such events regularly happen either in the US as in the rest of the world.
It is probably the consequence of the Chernobyl's atomic disaster, I'm used to say.

Really don't worry about it, so far George Walker doesn't demonstrate to give weight to this clamours. ;-)

vy 73s de IK2WQI - Andreas