[hpsdr] KW7CD articles in PDF format

Bob McGwier n4hy at idaccr.org
Tue Jul 10 13:44:18 PDT 2007

It is clear from my conversations and  these six year old articles ,
they do not contain information that is relevant to today's
discussions.  Analog Devices (as one example) has learned a lot about
the source, cause, mitigations, etc. in spurious emission generation in
DDS's in the intervening years since this research was done.  This is
apparent when one compares the AD9959, available now, with the two
generations earlier DDS which was used in the SDR1000.   They are as if
from different universes.  The 9959 is not perfect but I have seen much
worse spurious emissions from a number of late model transceivers.

Notice he makes his claim of inventor of the DDS driven PLL LO in this
article.  It is quite an interesting read.

Bob