[hpsdr] Blackfin

Rob Frohne frohro at wwc.edu
Wed Jul 11 18:29:10 PDT 2007

Hi All,

I don't mean to throw cold water on the idea.  It probably makes more
sense in India where there may not be as many surplus PCs, laptops, etc.
available at cheap prices.  It seems to me, for most of us it will be
hard to beat a laptop interfaced via USB to Atlas et. al.  One of the
things I really like about the way things are being done these days is
that if you use PC's you can upgrade them easily, they are inexpensive
and powerful.  I once build a DSP software based receiver
(http://www.wallawalla.edu/frohro/R2_DSP/R2-DSP.html) using a Motorola
EVM.  It was great until the evaluation boards were no longer available.
Now nobody can duplicate it without finding an obsolete piece of
hardware.  If we stick with PC's that isn't as likely to happen.  They
have beautiful displays, etc.

73,

Rob, KL7NA