[hpsdr] DttSP (was Blackfin)

Frank Brickle brickle at pobox.com
Thu Jul 12 09:00:27 PDT 2007

Philip Covington wrote:

> Is there provision for lowering the demodulated audio output
> rate from DttSP to something like 8 or 16 kHz?

I'm still a little confused about the scenario you're describing,
but here's a partial response if not an answer. Audio format
conversion is something we intended to fob off on either an
external client or on an ALSA plugin. I think all of the
individual cases you mention can be handled off-the-shelf by ALSA
plugins. That includes using open file descriptors as sources or
sinks, shared memory segments, resampling, and compression.

What I *suspect* is that there is an ALSA slave pcm device that
can be constructed in .asoundrc that will do what you want.
Without a clearer understanding of the configuration, however,
that's just a conjecture.

The slave PCM devices, especially as sugmented by dmix and dsnoop,
are pretty powerful.

73
Frank
AB2KT