[hpsdr] Blackfin

Philip Covington p.covington at gmail.com
Fri Jul 13 03:46:39 PDT 2007

On 7/13/07, michael taylor <mctylr at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 7/12/07, Philip Covington <p.covington at gmail.com> wrote:
> > The intermediate CIC stages all get trucated  to 24 bits.  I can spit
> > out any rate I/Q data from about 8 MSPS to <8kSPS over USB.   With PCI
> > Express I can DMA into memory at up to 250 MBytes/sec.
>
> Is there an affordable way to utilize PCI-express?
>
> Or would SATA or SAS (Serial Attached SCSI) be viable / affordable to
> consider as transports, from an external device to a generic (ITX or
> ATX) computer?
>
> -Michael, VE3TIX

I will have a prototype PCI Express interface board that works with
QS1RT VERB.   It has a high speed serial link (2.5 Gbps) over fiber or
copper to the VERB.   It uses a PLX PCI Express to Local Bus chip.

<http://pcovington.blogspot.com/2007/07/qs1rt-verb-pcb.html>

I looked at SATA and SCSI in addition to GigE for use as an interface.
  Last year I tried using the Opencores tri-mode Ethernet, but it is
basically a mess - the author is not supporting it.  Without another
open source tri-mode Ethernet core I passed on that idea.   I
understand the Matt Ettus is working on the next version of the USRP
and is having the same problems with that Ethernet core.   As far as
SATA I was in the same boat on the FPGA side.  PLX makes some nice PCI
and PCI Express interface chips so I went with them.

73 Phil N8VB