[Hpsdr] Call for Comments - ALEX

Chris Albertson chrisalbertson90278 at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 25 09:52:06 PDT 2007

> I'll keep this as a backup plan, if the three board sandwich is not
> enough shielding.
> Since we are using toroids, they are somewhat self-shielding.
> As you say, the boards as designed will just slide in to this size
> case.

Optional is best.  This way a user can elect to save the $25
cost of the box if he chooses.  But one thing you need to do
on the PCB layout is allow for PC mounted BNC connectors. and
align then such that hex nuts can be placed on both inside
and outside of the box end panel.

If you don't think about the optional box while doing the layout
then it's easy to
do stuff like put a connector on the long edge of the board
rater then along just one of the short ends making mechanical
assembly much more difficult.

It seems that there are at least two or three companies that
make the  boxes.  The one I have is not Hamond and it's made
in the US.

Chris Albertson
  Home:   310-376-1029  chrisalbertson90278 at yahoo.com
  Office: 310-336-5189  Christopher.J.Albertson at aero.org