[hpsdr] [Hpsdr] Call for Comments - ALEX

Henry Vredegoor henry.vredegoor at gmail.com
Wed Jul 25 16:07:02 PDT 2007

Hi Chris, All,

Thank you for pointing me to the Wiki.

I agree that the shielding of ELECTRIC fields can be done by any good
conducting material.

But I think shielding of DYNAMIC MAGNETIC fields (like in EMI) can
practically best be done by using some magnetically conductive materials.
Since we are using a lot of inductors of powdered iron O-cores, I assume
that dynamic magnetic fields are predominant in the filter boards?

So, IMHO, I still think steel would be better, although I learned from the
discussion that it is less of a factor (wrt. frequency) than I thought.

I think one should also differentiate between conducted EMI/shielding and
induced EMI and shielding in reasoning.

73's,

Henry.

ies+for+kids&cs=bz