[hpsdr] [Hpsdr] Call for Comments - ALEX

CT1IZU as5770972 at sapo.pt
Wed Jul 25 16:28:54 PDT 2007

> For those who need something to do, I have a "call for
> comments" on ALEX.  All the information has been posted on the
> updated ALEX Wiki page.

Graham
I don't belive a 5 ele LPF is adequate for the tx. It needs to be a 7ele (
first element capacitive). For 100W a T50 is pushing it on 80/160, T68 would
be much better. Attached is an similar auto LPF  I designed some years ago.

>From a kitting point of view I would go for  red -2 powdered iron for for
both 80/160 rather than have the odd -1. In view of the IP3 issues if size
was not a constraint I would also use T68 on the 80/160 HPF.

For the rx filters above 30MHz something like the Toko MC120 is good . They
are easy to adjust and have a good Q. On the TX side on 6 up to around 10W
the Toko S18 with an alloy core is ok.

Shel CT1IZU