[hpsdr] PicoPSU ATX...-12 volt current concern?

w3sz at epix.net w3sz at epix.net
Tue Jun 5 19:56:51 PDT 2007

Hi, All,

This is just a quick, simple note to indicate that I received the picopsu last week and I have been using the picopsu-120 with Atlas/Ozy/Janus with no problems.

73,

W3SZ
Roger Rehr
http://www.nitehawk.com/w3sz

Quoting w3sz at epix.net 5/27/07:

I would be interested to hear the 'common wisdom' on this one.  I had similar concerns regarding the issue of Atlas/Ozy/Janus power consumption and so after combing the
archives, I went to the TAPR booth at Dayton and asked which supply was recommended for Atlas/Ozy/Janus.  I was shown the A/O/J triad using a pico-psu unit which I was told was
"on sale" at www.minibox.com currently with 12 volt AC/DC adapter.  The only such combo I could find on www.minibox.com was the picoPSU-120 Power Kit so I went home and ordered it.  It is true that the rating on this for -12V is 0.05A.  Peak rating for -12V is 0.1A.   I guess it is possible that there was another, higher power combo on sale at www.minibox.com and that I just missed it and ordered the wrong unit, but I looked carefully for a long time and couldn't find any other such combo deals.  I considered
ordering the PW-200-M but decided to go with the unit that appeared to be exactly what was shown to me at the TAPR booth.