[hpsdr] Janus noise problem?

David Woodhead dwoodhead at bms-inc.com
Fri Jun 8 08:59:16 PDT 2007

I previously thought this was a problem with my setup but last night I
ran Janus with no inputs and got the same results:

In power SDR, if I set the audio and RF gain settings to 50% I hear a
strange crackling sound in the speakers. With the RF gain at full this
noise is swamped out by the receiver noise but gradually turning down
the RF gain does not result in the same gradual noise level reduction
I'm used to. With Janus, the noise level drops and becomes a little
distoted. As the RF gain is reduced the noise level fades away and I
hear a residual scratching noise with the RF gain at about 50%. Anyone
else seeing the same behaviour?

David
KM5TZ