[hpsdr] Janus+Ozy+SDR1000

Gerd Loch g.loch at nt-electronics.de
Mon Jun 25 01:06:05 PDT 2007

Hi,

during the weekend I completed to get Janus and Ozy on the Atlas Light to
work with SDR1000 and found that nearly all is working well.
One thing is, that I have now a cpu usage of up to about 30% where I had an
average cpu usage of about 10% with the Delta44 and using the parallel port
on the (same) computer.

The higher cpu usage leads to short freezings or delays of the display when
scrolling the frequency with the mouse wheel what I find disturbing.

Is this a result of using the usb-port instead of the parallel port for
controlling the SDR1000. Have others made the same experience and is there a
chance to reduce this effect?

Gerd, DJ8AY