[hpsdr] Frequency Tuning Speed

n3wt at comcast.net n3wt at comcast.net
Wed Jun 6 07:30:32 PDT 2007

From: "Philip Covington" <p.covington at gmail.com>

> On 6/6/07, john_eckert at agilent.com <john_eckert at agilent.com> wrote:
> > ***** High Performance Software Defined Radio Discussion List *****
> >

> > I've been using AJO for a few days now and I'm quite satisfied
> > with it, except for the VFO tuning speed.  It is way too slow. I
> > doubt that the radio can be used in a contest because of this.
> >
> > Does anyone know if this has already been optimized or is there
> > hope that it can be remedied.
> >
> > TNX,
> > John
>
> I am sure it has not been optimized.  It just will take someone with
> the time to spare to look at it.
>
> 73 Phil N8VB

I noticed the same slow tuning speed and slow turn around times .  For CW if using break-in,  the first dit is missed on CW.   Unitl the system is optimized as Phil pointed out,  I  went back to  the standard parallel port for control,  but continue to use Janus/Ozy  as the I/Q source.  Works fine this way.

73  John, N3WT