[hpsdr] Go linear!

k5nwa k5nwa at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jun 10 21:27:17 PDT 2007

At 10:57 PM 6/10/2007, you wrote:

>Howdy,
>
>For those of you that want to go linear and just can't wait.....
>
>Google    XP-620K  and you'll find a nice 5 volt @ 3 amp, 0-17 volt
>@ +1 amp and -1 amp power supply for about $40 bucks.....
>Case, transformer, IC's, PCB, a couple foot of solder and a 10
>question quiz at the end of the manual.....
>My new fangled SDR is dragging me back to the 70's !!!!!!  LM317's
>and all......
>
>DennisB   W7IME

This power supply is obsolete according to some places but several
places have the kits in stock.

Everyone that likes to experiment should have at least something like
this power supply to supply power to small projects.  Building your
own linear power supply is easy, the main problem is finding a proper
transformer, those babies are kind of pricey these days.

Thanks for the tip.

Cecil
K5NWA
www.softrockradio.org www.qrpradio.com