[hpsdr] A new entry in the direct-sampling SDR field

Chris Albertson chrisalbertson90278 at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 20 10:02:34 PDT 2007

Do they say if the new radio is intended to directly sample
the VHF/UHF bands.  Yes I know the sample rate is below Nyquest
The spec sheet for the ADC hints that this may be the case.

No for a question:  If you do sample below 2X the high frequencies
will alias.  But, assuming there is a good RF bandpass filter,
is not "alias" a lot like "mixing"?  So we man take advantage on
the effect and receive UHF with a 100M SPS ADC.

I can't prove it, the math is more than I can do but.  I draw
graphs and I don't see how sub sampling with to ADCs that
are 90 degrees oput of phase is much different than
a switching mixer.

Chris Albertson
  Home:   310-376-1029  chrisalbertson90278 at yahoo.com
  Office: 310-336-5189  Christopher.J.Albertson at aero.org