[hpsdr] Schematic capture software

Philip Covington p.covington at gmail.com
Mon Jun 25 05:56:12 PDT 2007

On 6/24/07, Greg - ZL3IX <zl3ix at inet.net.nz> wrote:

> I hope that this is not considered off topic.
>
> I would like to make my own audio board to use with Atlas and Ozy, so I
> am looking for a freeware ECAD package.  What are group members using,
> and what do they think of the various options?  Probably best to answer
> me direct, and I will post a synopsis to the group if anyone else is
> interested.
>
> Thanks + 73,
> Greg, ZL3IX

Hi Greg,

If you have a Linux installation, try gEDA or Kicad.

<http://www.geda.seul.org/>

<http://www.lis.inpg.fr/realise_au_lis/kicad/>

If you are Windows only, try Kicad.  gEDA on Windows is not kept up to
date and IMHO is not worth fooling with.

Make sure you have the latest versions of both installed.

Both packages have their quirks.

73 Phil N8VB