[hpsdr] Ozy/Janus/SDR-1000 high freq audio white noise..

Mike Naruta mnaruta at comcast.net
Wed Jun 27 09:05:06 PDT 2007

Yep, David - KM5TZ and I have also observed
it Al.

I wonder if that's related to the problem
that I asked about earlier.  I get that
noise with Janus in transmit.  It's NOT
RFI; I am into a dummy load, turn the Output
down to ZERO and I still see 4 WATTS Forward
on the PowerSDR with the Mic gain at ZERO
and nothing plugged into the Mic connector.
In CW there is the same 4 Watts Forward
with the key UP.  My monitor scope, Bird
watt meter, and external receiver all verify
that there is noise all the time in transmit.
Four watts of RF with no drive is not trivial.

Please give yours a try in transmit Al to
see if you can duplicate it.

Mike - AA8K

"[hpsdr] Atlas Ozy Janus noise in transmit"

"[hpsdr] Janus noise problem?"