[hpsdr] Power supply filtering

Henry Vredegoor henry.vredegoor at gmail.com
Fri Jun 29 08:39:00 PDT 2007

Hello Mike, All,

I was just thinking the same!
I don't know yet though what the exact advantages would be (lack of
knowledge)

One I could imagine is that these frequency (-band(s)) are already
"contaminated" anyway by the clock generating circuits?
Or should we reserve a specific small (-shifted) band for this "pollution"?
Or a few which can be selected by the user as per Jeroen's suggestion?
Or are there maybe software tricks that can be used to suppress these
effectively. (if phase locked)?
I could imagine a sharp notch filter in the receiver software could blank
these (then known) frequencies effectively if they were fixed to a specific
place in the frequency spectrum?

Just some quick thoughts...

73's,
Henry.