[hpsdr] 2007/June/30 FRF TeamSpeak audio

Mike Naruta mnaruta at comcast.net
Sat Jun 30 19:34:12 PDT 2007

Good idea Chuck.

I think I should fess up.  I try to edit the
FRF TeamSpeak sessions to take out things
like dead air between transmissions, the
"Can you hear me now?", the moderator repeating
what the person just said, chat about local
weather, live sporting events, etc.  The
recording I made last Friday was almost an
hour and a half long.  After editing, it
was less than 44 minutes.  Usually I get a
20 to 30 minute reduction.

For a while I was splitting it into two files;
one for the formal session where everyone tells
what they have been doing and the second for
the free-for-all chat.  It looked like we were
downloading both anyway, so I went back to
one file.

I will see if I can make notes for the next one.

One thing I do is use the open source Audacity
to change the tempo of the file and maintain the
same pitch.  I've been increasing it 50 per cent
for my personal listening.  That really picks
up the pace, takes less time, and is still
intelligible for me.

Mike - AA8K