[hpsdr] Spreadsheet Mercury

Henry Vredegoor henry.vredegoor at gmail.com
Wed Mar 7 21:20:32 PST 2007

Hi Phil and Phil,

While reading the WiKi page about Mercury, a reference was made to a
spreadsheet, but could not be inserted in the wikipage it seems:

.....A front end amplifier with a gain of 15 dB and a 3 dB noise figure will
give a final noise figure of 10.3 dB at 30 MHz. (See spreadsheet [link here
when I learn how to do it! VK6APH ]).......

<<

Is this available to the public? [  .....Me ?   ;-)   ]

I tried to understand and follow the calculations on this page and was
trying to make my own spreadsheet, but I am not sure if I am right and would
like to verify my calculations.

Further I would like to mention a small error / annoyance on the page:

I see a number of question marks [?] on the page where I think there should
be minus [-] signs?
This makes following the calculations not easier also ......  ;-)

I tried several settings of character codings in IE but there was no change.
??

73's

Henry.