[hpsdr] Preselectior switching

Giancarlo Moda i7swx at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 16 16:51:37 PDT 2007

Hi all,

for a receiver front end preselector I would suggest
to look at the solution used in the STAR, Software
transmitter and receiver, by G3XJP. The switching
elements are FST3125 and FST3126 as used in the H-Mode
Mixer.
No IMD problems and expensive relays and or PIN diodes
purchase. Fast switching, low insertion losses and
valid filetrs separation.

I am attaching a copy of circuit diagram and article
extract from RadCom.

I have added in copy VK6APH, KK7P and N8VB as they
will receive the attachment and then they may decide
to load it in file directory.

73

Gian
I7SWX

Vredegoor
> Sent: vrijdag 16 maart 2007 5:48
> To: hpsdr at hpsdr.org
> Subject: Re: [hpsdr] Preselector schematic.
>

> Two observations:
>
> - There must have been a design issue for using
relays on the
> LOWER BANDS;
> maybe also the lower (zero) resistance of the relay
contacts

> - The are having the relays switching a (small)
current on
> purpose, I think
> to keep the contacts clean, keep the resistance low

After studying the schematics a little more, I think
it prevents the
(other)
PIN diodes from conducting, stopping the HF from all
not selected
filters.