[hpsdr] Pandora's Box

Eric Ellison ecellison at gmail.com
Thu Mar 1 09:50:19 PST 2007

Lyle!

Yep, I can envision it! You type a good 'picture'.

I think need 3 Cases:

#1 Is Nocase for bench experiments with Propeller and other fun looking
projects, probably just an Atlas and Ozy to also play with Verilog in my
spare time. What I need is a CUSTOM aluminum or steel plate with pre-drilled
and or tapped holes to mount the Atlas. A small 'lip bend' at right angles,
on one side would give it some additional rididity. I can probably come up
with some rubber feet to keep the shootin' match from sliding around.

#2 Is for my HPSDR 'radio'(s). Most likely it will be enclosed in an Antec
Aria enclosure, since I have one 'spare' available. It will take a little
doing to modify the back of the enclosure, but what I really need is a
CUSTOM six slot benzel to give me six openings instead of 4.

Aria:  http://compreviews.about.com/od/cases/l/aaAntecAria.htm

#3 Is for my super high quality HPSDR Lab Instrument. It will house a
Gibralter time frequency source, a Mercury spectrum analyzer, scope, & bench
power, and probably an OZY. It will be housed in an instrument enclosure
something like this:

http://www.buckeye-enclosures.com/product_overview.php?subcategoryid=10

What I really need is a CUSTOM six slot benzel to give me six openings
mounted on the front of the enclosure. A CUSTOM aluminum or steel plate with
pre-drilled and or tapped holes to mount the atlas, attached to the Benzel
at right angles, would be pretty handy. Some 'blanks to cover the unused
holes in the benzel would also be nice.

Course with all the money I got invested in this stackup the cost of
customizing something will probably be minor! (smile)

Fun to Dream!

Thanks
Eric