[hpsdr] Pandora's Box

Eric Ellison ecellison at gmail.com
Thu Mar 1 15:53:24 PST 2007

Beppe!

Great to see you posting! Just the other day I was talking with some folks
about your Wood Box Radio and Fredrichshafen. What a wonderful time we had!

 http://www.hamsdr.com/data/GlobalFileUploads/32__Eric%20and%20Beppe.jpg

Sure I remember all your enclosures!

http://www.cqdx.it/woodbox/story.html

Well, my comment was because I don't do a very good job 'drawing' in words,
and you are the MASTER of conception with Graphic Tools.

Ken - KD5BYB Took on the job of Project leader to investigate "Cases or
enclosures" for the HPSDR Projects. The project is called Pandora!

After several days of active commenting it appears that most people want to
have Barbie .... errrr Pandora come with 'fixed, yet different outfits'.
Comments have been excellent as would be expected from this group!

My thoughts were basically to do Pandora as a naked box with a pretty
outside facing face with 6 eyes (why not she is a myth anyway.) Then we can
put the box in a larger box of our choice. (no pun intended). A few
inexpensive parts pre-punched and drilled is a product which will have more
general appeal, and a larger market, which will be required to 'stock' or
produce the kit inexpensively. Even designing something less complex like
this poses quite a number of challenges, mounting, easement, predrilling
mounting holes, material types, ruggedness, RF Proofing and the list goes
on! Plenty of room for creative thinking!

Most of us can hack a rough hole in whatever material we choose and attach a
benzel, few have the stamping capability to make nice AT board size holes in
an L-bracket mount. Or for that matter find an 'off the shelf' computer case
with the ideal characteristics.

Just my 2 cents.

Thanks for posting! You coming to Dayton?

Eric