[hpsdr] new to hpsdr group

Christopher T. Day CTDay at LBL.Gov
Thu Mar 1 20:18:31 PST 2007

Ray,

Nope, the boards will not sit there. I am using just such a set of
prototype boards with my SDR-1000 at the moment. The only necessary
interface to the SDR-1000 is a couple of stereo audio cables. Once the
control software is finished, you will also be able to run a parallel
cable from Ozy to the SDR-1000 instead of running the same (or the
Flex-Radio USB-to-parallel adapter that I use) from your PC to the
SDR-1000, but that is not now, nor will it be required.

	Chris - AE6VK

-----Original Message-----
From: Ray J [mailto:ray at w9ray.org]
Sent: Thursday, March 01, 2007 7:28 PM
To: hpsdr at hpsdr.org
Subject: [hpsdr] new to hpsdr group

hello all you smart peoples... lol

I was looking around .. noticing  that I should really think about
buying the collection of hpsdr stuff tapr has available right now..
as there is serious questions about  its availability later..

its scary to think that theres going to be a non commercial sdr rig
obtainable by hams,  that sounds like it will knock the socks off the
sdr1000..

am  I correct in my line of thinking,  that basically the hpsdr assembly

available "right" now (soon) ( Atlas, Ozy, and Janus), is pretty much a
outboard, high end outboard sound card, and interface.?

I already have a sdr-1k (and delta44)  .. I assume their is some way to
interface the hpsdr unit (as it stands now),   with the sdr1k..... or
not??

I'm not a engineer or anything..(  I have managed to put together a few
DEMI transverter's so i guess i can do simple assembly/integration)

 so I guess i'm asking, are nice($400) hpsdr components that are coming
available soon, going to sit on my shelf for many months, waiting for
more modules to turn it into something functional?

thanks

Ray J

W9RAY (hopefully soon /AG)

EN44gt