[hpsdr] backup boards?

John Koster w9ddd at tapr.org
Fri Mar 2 08:18:12 PST 2007

Not sure if I understand the question, but how is this different from
trying to go back to your favorite computer store and buy an exact
replacement for say a video card you purchased a year ago?

Hopefully the situation won't be as bad as the above senario I used for an
example, but anything you do these days is subject to the whims of the
chip producer.  It's not like the good ole days of the 6146 which was
around for decades (still available?)

Others with more knowledge on the subject can comment on what they think
the life cycle of the parts may be, but my suspicion is that the parts
selected will be around for longer than the average.

On Fri, 2 Mar 2007 stoskopf at tri.net wrote:

> A question I've not seen here is 'What happens if our tightly integrated
> system loses a chip or major component?'  There isn't going to be a
> readily available backup board and it would be a shame to have a useless
> box sitting on the bench.
>
> N0UU

John, W9DDD